An ideal setting to enjoy activities on the farm as a family
The Laneffe fortified farm, which dates back to 1604, is still a working agricultural holding. Owner Danielle’s four children continue the agricultural activities.
Children will be able to have fun with the various animals on the farm (a cow, pigs, horses, chickens). With the help of the owner and their parents, the little ones will have the chance to take care of ponies (brushing, grooming, etc.) and enjoy a ride along a safe track on the back of these gentle creatures.
Numerous walks can also be taken starting from the farm. Make the most of woods and paths running through fields to recharge your batteries and benefit from the fresh country air. Roadbooks are provided for mountain biking or horse riding.
Vanlieff’s chocolate factory
The Vanlieff’s chocolate factory lies in Chastrès, in the Walcourt estate.
They make high-quality chocolate the traditional way. Their acknowledged specialities include:
Chocolates with Eau de Villée liqueur
Caramel chocolates with salted butter
Chocolates free of added sugar
Museums and entertainment around Laneffe
Ideally situated, the fortified farm lies near numerous activities. These include:
- Visit to the Plate Taille dam and panoramic tower (in Boussu-lez-Walcourt)
- Brewery visits for enthusiasts (Saint-Donat brewery, Fagnes brewery, Silenrieux brewery)
- Visit to the Vanlieff’s chocolate factory, a delight for gourmets
- Outings to visit must-see heritage sites (Namur Citadel, Maredsous Abbey, the Gallo-Roman village, Floreffe Abbey, etc.)
- More sporting activities such as potholding, kayaking down the Lesse river or karting in Mariembourg. (www.kartingdesfagnes.com)
Feel like escaping to the farm? The owner, Danielle, and her four sons will be delighted to welcome you.
Do not hesitate to rent a gîte or spend a few days in a guest room. For companies, the Laneffe fortified farm offers an exceptional setting for team-building days. Come and tighten the links among members of your work team in an enchanting and natural environment.
The Laneffe fortified farm and its team will be delighted to welcome you. Do not hesitate to contact the hosts if you have any questions about their quotes and services.